Signe Dayhoff, Ph.D., M.A., M.Ed., is a social psychologist with post-graduate training in counseling, emotional intelligence, and positive psychology who received her doctorate from Boston University. There she studied ways to improve goal achievement in one’s personal and work life through enhanced confidence, interpersonal communication, and people skills.
For 30+ years she has been a coach, educator, trainer, speaker, and author, specializing in increasing self-confidence, self-promotion, and people skills, and goal-directed behavior.
She has taught social psychology and organizational behavior at Boston University, University of Massachusetts, and Framingham State College and has done research at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, and Fairview State Hospital.
Author of seventeen books, she has also contributed to David Riklan’s 101 Great Ways to Improve Your Life (Vol. 2) and Steven J. Bennett’s Executive Chess: Creative Problem Solving By 45 of America’s Top Business Leaders and Thinkers.
She has over 2,355 published newspaper, magazine, ezine, online, and blog articles and has been quoted in publications including Executive Travel, Time Out New York, Boston Business Journal, Shape, Industry Week, Wall Street Journal, Success, and Cosmopolitan. For over four years she hosted and produced “The Inside Track,” the Continental Cablevision career-education interview program for which she received a Conti Award nomination.
Dr. Signe has provided seminars for organizations such as, (in alphabetical order) the
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Genetic Technologists
- Association of Governmental Accountants
- Boston University Center for Applied Sciences
- Boston University Graduate Studies
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Employment
- Digital Equipment Corporation
- Eastern Psychological Association
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Health Action New Mexico
- HealthPlex Dental Insurance
- Honeywell Bull
- Lesley College
- Maine Educational Consortium
- Merrill Lynch
- Midwest Psychological Association
- Mountain States Regional Genetics Services Network
- New Mexico Conferences of Churches
- New Mexico Psychological Association
- Physicians For Health Care Access
- Suffolk University Law School
- University of New Mexico Continuing Education
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences School
- Wellesley College
She is a “kitty mom” to special-needs and elderly rescued cats.
Effectiveness-Plus Publications LLC
80 Paseo de San Antonio
Placitas, NM 87043